- Additional information
- Reviews (0)
Purple K Dry Chemical
Purple-K, also known as PKP, is a dry-chemical fire suppression agent used in some dry chemical fire extinguishers.
It is the second most effective dry chemical in fighting class B (flammable liquid) fires after Monnex (potassium allophanate). In addition, it can be used against some energized electrical equipment fires (USA class C fires).
It is 4–5 times more effective against class B fires than carbon dioxide and more than twice that of sodium bicarbonate. In addition, some fire extinguishers can operate in temperatures down to −54 °C or up to +49 °C.
Dry chemical works by directly inhibiting the chemical chain reaction, forming one of the four sides of the fire tetrahedron (heat + oxygen + fuel + chemical chain reaction = fire).
It also has a smothering effect by excluding oxygen from the fire to a minor degree. “Dry chemical” extinguishers, such as Purple-K, are different from “dry powder” extinguishers used to fight Class D flammable metal fires.
Purple K has been the choice of oil, gas, chemical, and utility industries as the preferred fire-fighting agent.
- 6-Year Manufacturer’s Warranty
- Stored Pressure Design
- Dependable Drawn-Steel Cylinders
- Durable High-Gloss Polyester Powder
- Paint All-Metal Valve Construction
- Easy and Economical to Maintain and Service
- Large Loop Pull Pin
- QR Coded and Bilingual Labels
- MANUFACTURED AND TESTED TO ANSI/UL STANDARDS
- COMPLIES WITH NFPA 10 STANDARD
- ISO-9001/ ISO-14001 CERTIFIED UL LISTED
- USCG Approved with Bracket Listed on UL Label
- Chrome Cylinders (See Chart Below)
|UL& ULC RATING:||
10B:C 2.5 LBS, 30B:C 5 LBS, 120B:C 20 LBS, 80B:C 10 LBS, 120B:C 20 LBS
Only logged in customers who have purchased this product may leave a review.